Hello everyone. I hope you have all kept well over the last few months, we have I'm pleased to say, though obviously like so many we have had to close the business for a while. We are now beginning to do a few jobs again. The government have issued guidance for tradespeople to follow when working in people's homes, and we have also received industry specific guidance. Hopefully this will enable both our customers and ourselves to feel confident about working in your homes. We have produced our own safety guidance sheet, which you can access below:
COVID-19 Safety Guidance for Contractors and Householders.
The guidance below is in line with government and industry guidance and is for both our customers and ourselves to follow, to ensure that we all keep as safe as possible during the course of your job.
What we ask of you
· If you (or any member of your household) have, or develop, any COVID-19 symptoms (a high temperature, a new, persistent cough, loss of taste and smell) before, or during the course of your job, please let us know, and we will do the same should we develop symptoms. At present we are unable to undertake work in a home where anyone is shielding, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household. We will be happy to start, or resume, your job later.
· We will call you when we arrive and ask that you can open the door, so we don’t have to touch surfaces.
· Please communicate by phone, rather than face-to-face, if possible. We will do the same and call you if there are any problems with the job. My mobile number is 07876 201670. Or please keep a minimum distance of 2 meters between us if we do need to meet, and we will do the same.
· We would ask you to clean the surfaces of the area where we are working with an anti-bacterial product, prior to us starting your job.
· Please isolate in another part of your home before we start your job.
· For your safety, do not enter the room or area where we are working, even after we leave, for 72 hours if possible.
What you can expect from us
· We will sanitize our hands.
· We will not use your toilet facilities.
· We will clean all surfaces we have touched with anti-bacterial wipes at the end of the shift.
· We will maintain good ventilation during the job, i.e. keeping windows and/or doors open.
· We will close off the working area from the rest of the house if possible.
· We will bring our own drinks.
· We will remove all tools and rubbish at the end of each working shift and at the end of the job (please bear in mind that if we or you develop COVID-19 symptoms, we may have to pause your job for 2 weeks at least).
· We will not leave your property without essential services overnight (i.e. water, gas, and electricity).
Many thanks, following these measures will hopefully give us all peace of mind. If there are any other issues you are concerned about, please let me know. Graham Mathers.
We are looking forward to seeing customers old and new once more!
Graham, Joe and Stella.